Call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362)
Help is available in most languages
The TTY number is 1-800-462-7585
When you apply we will ask for the following information:
- The address of your damaged home or apartment
- Names of people living in your household A description of your disaster damages
- Insurance information
- Your Social Security Number
- A telephone number where we can reach you or leave a message.
- An address where you can get mail
- If you want your disaster assistance funds sent directly to your bank, provide the FEMA agent:
- your bank account type
- account number
- routing number
When you apply, you will be given a FEMA application number. Write down your application number and save it for future reference. You will need the
application number whenever you contact FEMA.
Insurance is essential in any recovery process. If you’ve been affected by the disaster, make sure you call your insurance company and file a claim.
Only damages that are not covered by insurance can qualify for FEMA disaster assistance. By law we can not duplicate benefits.
If you move after applying for assistance, be sure to let FEMA know your new address and telephone number(s).This will ensure that all disaster awards get to you without delay.
Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, English proficiency or
Apply at www.DisasterAssistance.gov