Do you have a snow blower? Did you know that most snow blower injuries happen because the operator did not read the operating instructions?
The Suffolk County Office of Emergency Management urges you to read your owner's manual and follow these tips:
- Never leave your snow blower running and unattended.
- Make sure the discharge chute is not aimed at passing motorists or pedestrians.
- Never put your hands into the discharge chute or augers to clear stuck snow and ice.
- Never add fuel when the engine is running and hot.
- Make sure you know how to turn the machine off quickly.