The Suffolk County Bureau of Public Health Nursing offers in-home nursing and rehabilitative services to residents of Suffolk County who have health needs and required home visits.
How can the nurse help me?
- Nurses show caregivers how to best care for infants and children. Families will learn about proper nutrition, safety, and a child’s developmental milestones.
- Pregnant women can also receive home visits. The nurse can help the woman understand how the baby grows and develops before birth, how to eat right during pregnancy, how best to prevent a premature birth and what to expect during labour and delivery.
- The public health nurse can help a family obtain other services in the community that they might need.
- Education and encouragement is provided regarding chronic disease management of a patient’s health at home in order to avoid readmission to the hospital and alleviate family concerns.
- Helping families and patients understand their medications.
South West List.pdf