Phone: (631) 852-4100
Functions of this Sub-Section include:
- Coordination of the Department's Federal & State Aid Program, which includes the procurement of professional engineering services for the design and construction of federally and state-aided capital projects.
- Site plan review of proposed developments near or fronting County maintained roads.
- Administration of highway inventory and data collection activities on County maintained roads.
- Collect and maintain historical traffic volume flow data including link volumes (vehicles per day), intersection counts, and growth trends on County maintained roads.
- Collect and maintain historical motor vehicle accident and fatality data on County maintained roads
The primary functions of this Sub-Section are:
- Review, process and collect fees for the issuance of Highway Work Permits for work performed on the County right-of-way by private developers, other municipalities and utilities.
- Inspection of Highway Permit work for conformance to current specifications and construction standards.
- Administration of Special Hauling or Oversize Vehicle Permits
- Coordinate utility construction and relocations required for the Department's Capital Program project including the efforts of LIPA, Brooklyn Union Gas, Keyspan, Cablevision, Bell-Atlantic and the various water authorities.
- Special Occasions Permits