Social Services

How Do I...?

Search Program Area

Contact Us

John F. O'Neill
3085 Veterans Memorial Hwy
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
Phone: (631) 854-9930

Emergency Services (After 4:30 PM & Weekends, Holidays): (631) 854-9100 

Click here to leave feedback

Adobe Button

Get Adobe Reader
(Required to view PDFs)

Client Benefits Administration

Client Benefits Administration (CBA) provides financial assistance and service-related programs to economically disadvantaged individuals, many of whom face multiple barriers to economic independence.  Through these services and programs, clients are encouraged to become independent and self supporting.

Apply Online for Services
or Check Eligibility

A simple, 10-minute prescreening from any computer with Internet access at any time, determines whether you are likely to qualify for Food Stamps, HEAP, the Earned Income Tax Credit, child dependent care credits, school lunch and other programs. 

SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

SNAP helps persons with limited income buy food.

Effective January 1, 2016: Federal Changes for ABAWD recipients of SNAP


Apply Online - Instructions 
Download an Application
Request an Application be mailed to you: (631) 854-9935
Apply in Person: Find Your Service Center

SNAP-ED: Eat Smart New York!  Click here to learn more about ESNY


HEAP (Home Heating Assistance Program)

Energy assistance is available for low income, elderly and persons with an energy emergency.

  Apply - Details
Download an Application
Request an Application be mailed to you: (631) 854-9935
Apply in Person: Find Your Service Center



Temporary Housing Assistance

Persons who are homeless or in danger of becoming homeless should apply for assistance at a Social Services Center.

Apply in Person: Find Your Service Center
After 4:30 PM, Weekends & Holidays call Emergency Services: (631) 854-9100
Housing Package Information

Report a Homeless Encampment - If you are aware of a Homeless Encampment and would like to report it, please contact your local Sufolk County Police Department precinct by calling (631) 852-COPS.


Hospital Homeless Discharge Referral Form – for Hospitals and Medical Facilities use only.

Temporary Assistance                   

Temporary cash assistance is provided on a monthly basis, or in the event of a sudden emergency, by a vendor payment.                                                                                                              

  Apply in Person: Find Your Service Center


Burial Assistance

If there are no funds available from private resources, the Department of Social Services covers basic burial costs for Temporary Assistance recipients, stillborn infants or any other person found dead in the County who is not under the jurisdiction of another social services district. DSS Approval prior to finalization with the Funeral Home is required.

A simple prescreening from any computer with internet access at any time determines whether you are likely to qualify for burial assistance.

Check eligibility and apply online at –


Suffolk Works Employment Program

The Suffolk Works Employment Program (SWEP) helps Temporary Assistance applicants and recipients obtain the skills they need to find employment.  Once employed, families can receive help with childcare and other work-related expenses.

For more information about SWEP including how to register, please call the Compliance Unit at:

(631) 853-3664 

Questions about Child Care or other Work-Related Expenses, please call the Child Care Bureau at:
(631) 854-3349 

Happauge, New York 11788
Compliance Unit: (631) 853-3664