As I begin this second year of my term, I am committed to building upon the accomplishments we achieved in 2012 to help keep Suffolk moving forward. Last year we were able to:
• Close a multiyear $530 Million budget shortfall;
• Allow police to carry opiate antidotes, which helped to save over 40 lives in 2012;
• Prohibit toxic hydofracking wastewater from coming to Suffolk County;
• Increase transparency in the legislative process by posting audio recordings of meetings;
• Adopt a 2013 operating budget below the New York State tax cap;
• Develop online firefighter training courses which will help make serving easier for volunteers and reduce costs for the County;
• Establish a memorial arbor program in County Parks ;
and so much more.
In 2013, I look forward to continuing the work of safeguarding public safety and our environment while protecting you the taxpayer. With your guidance, I know that the promise of tomorrow will be founded in the work of today.
Suffolk County Legislator