How to Order Crash Reports:
As a service to our residents and the business community, the Suffolk County Sheriff's Office is proud to announce a partnership with GetCrashReports.com to provide online access to New York State crash reports generated by this agency.
All crash reports should be available 72 hours after the crash occurs (or sooner if completed) except for fatal crashes and crashes under investigation. A $5.00 convenience fee will be charged when obtaining crash reports online. Fatal crash reports must be obtained directly from the Suffolk County Sheriff's Office. All requests from businesses for crash reports generated by the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office will be referred to GetCrashReports.com. Businesses looking to obtain a crash report shall utilize the GetCrashReports.com website unless the crash report cannot be located on the site.
Walk-in public records requests will still be accepted for the general public at: Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office, Police Records Section, 360 Yaphank Avenue, Yaphank NY 11980. (Phone) 631-852-5156.
Follow the instructions below to locate a report on the GetCrashReports.com website:
- Go to GetCrashReports.com and click on the State of New York
- Enter Search Values in Box B: (report number, person name or town name, etc.)
- (OPTIONAL) Enter Date Range in Box C
- Click the Next Step button
- Answer at least (2) challenge questions related to the crash report
- Click the Add to Cart check box for the desired report and click the Next Step button
- Fill in the credit card information and click the Place Order Now button
- Click Download Crash Report button to view your report