As a result of Abbott Nutrition's voluntary recall of certain powdered infant formulas, there is an infant formula shortage. If you or someone you know can't find infant formula for your baby, please see the resources below.
- United Way's 2-1-1 (https://www.211.org/about-us/your-local-211): dial 2–1-1 to be connected to a community resource specialist affiliated with United Way who may be able to help you identify food pantries and other charitable sources of local infant formula and baby food.
- Feeding America (https://www.feedingamerica.org/find-your-local-foodbank): call your local food bank to ask whether they have infant formula and other supplies in stock.
- Human Milk Banking Association of North America (https://www.hmbana.org/find-a-milk-bank/): certain HMBANA-accredited milk banks are distributing donated breast milk to mothers in need; please note that some may require a prescription from a medical professional. Find an HMBANA-accredited milk bank (https://www.hmbana.org/find-a-milk-bank/).
- Benjamin’s Pharmacy & Surgical: Approved to deliver, located in the Bronx, can deliver to those moms who really cannot get out of the house due to multiple children, twins, no transportation. Ph # 718-405-9111. https://benjamins-pharmacy-surgical.business.site/
- MIL-RUE Pharmacy: Approved to deliver, located in Ridgewood, NY. Ph # 718-821-3271, fax 718-386-9777, Email: INFO@MIL-RUEPHARMACY.COM
- Office RX Specialty Formula: Not approved to deliver. Located at 2130 Deer Park Ave, Deer Park, NY 11729. Ph # 631-486-9898, https://officerxpharmacy.com/wic-infant-formulas
- Branches Long Island, located at 588 Middle Country Rd, Middle Island, NY. Ph # 631-488-7832. Call ahead for availability, limit 1 per family, can receive a donation 1x every 2 weeks, photo ID is required. You can also contact via Facebook
- Angels of Long Island: located at 350 East Main St, Patchogue, NY. Ph # 631-803-6755. Pick up/drop off formula Monday-Saturday 10am-3pm. You can also contact via Facebook