SOLICITATION OF QUOTES
Agreed-Upon Procedures Relative to the Suffolk County Department of Public Works’ Transportation Division's 2017 and 2018 National Transit Database Reports
The Suffolk County Department of Audit & Control (“Department”) is seeking proposals from qualified accounting firms (Proposers) to provide Agreed-Upon Procedures relative to the Suffolk County Department of Public Works Transportation Division’s 2017 and 2018 National Transit Database Reports. Your bid proposal should encompass Agreed-Upon Procedures to be conducted for the two separate periods of the County’s annual reporting requirements.
The anticipated term of the contract will be January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2019 with one (1) one-year option to renew, at the County’s discretion, with the same general terms and conditions. The Proposal submitted in response to this Solicitation, as may be negotiated by the Department, will become the basis for the contract.
The 2017 National Transit Database Final Report must be submitted to the Office of the Federal Transit Administration no later than April 30, 2018. The draft report should be submitted to the Department for review at least three (3) weeks prior to the due date.
Attached for your convenience are excerpts from the Federal Transit Administration’s 2017 National Transit Database Policy Manual, which describe the scope of the services to be provided along with suggested procedures to be performed.
All work performed under the contract will be paid in accordance with the "Comptroller’s Rules and Regulations for Consultant’s Service Agreements," (available on the Suffolk County Comptroller’s website). Include with your response a Cost Proposal/Fee Schedule consisting of a Project Fee for the Agreed-Upon Procedures, which includes all professional services and out-of-pocket expenses for the project.
Proposers must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Certify that they are a licensed CPA/firm registered in the State of New York and in good standing;
- Certify that they meet the independence requirements of the Standards for Audit of Governmental Organizations, Programs, Activities, and Functions (Government Auditing Standards – “Yellow Book”);
- Certify that they have no record of poor quality audit work;
- Submit evidence that they received a satisfactory peer review within the last three years.
Proposals must include the following:
- Firm name and address (all locations);
- Year firm was founded, history of the firm, and the length of time in operation;
- Describe the nature of organization (e.g. business corporation, not-for-profit corporation, proprietorship, etc.);
- Location from which services will be performed;
- Contact person and title for contract purposes;
- Name and title of individual(s) who will be performing work under this contract. For each professional listed, provide information regarding education, experience and expertise; provideresumes and copies of professional licenses and proof of other affiliations, if applicable;
- Description of firm’s technical experience including other accounts (clients) involving the provision of similar services;
- Description of firm’s experience in conducting audits (including number of years of experience);
- Description of firm’s experience in conducting audits in accordance with Government Auditing Standards (including number of years of experience);
- Provide three (3) client references for which similar services have been provided (governmental agencies preferred);
- Provide information on the circumstances and status of any past or present civil or criminal investigations or litigation against the Proposer;
- Disclose the existence of any conflicts of interests, whether existing or potential, in material financial relationships and/or any family relationships between the Proposer (and their employees) and any County employee, or any other matter that may create a conflict of interest or the appearance thereof; if none exist, state so;
- Identify the nature of any potential conflict of interest the firm may have in providing audit services to the Department;
- Provide proof of professional liability insurance coverage and coverage amounts and/or limitations and exclusions;
- Completed and notarized Suffolk County Form 22 (Contractor’s/Vendor’s Public Disclosure Statement - attached);
- Provide an all-inclusive Project Fee for the Agreed-Upon Procedures to be performed for each report period. In addition, provide a separate Project Fee for services performed during each option year. All professional services and out-of-pocket expenses shall be included in the Project Fee.
Proposals must be received by 3:30 P.M., January 5, 2018, via one of the following methods:
Fax to: 631-853-5964, Attn: Frank Bayer
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deliver to: Suffolk County Comptroller’s Office, Attn: Frank Bayer
H. Lee Dennison Executive Office Building – 9th Fl.
100 Veterans Memorial Highway
P.O. Box 6100
Hauppauge, NY 11788-0099
The County expressly reserves the right to:
- Reject or cancel any or all proposals or any part thereof submitted in response to this Solicitation;
- Withdraw the solicitation at any time, at the County’s sole discretion;
- Conduct contract negotiations with the next responsible Proposer should the County be unsuccessful in negotiations with the selected Proposer;
- Require clarification at any time during the process and/or require correction of arithmetic or other apparent errors for the purpose of assuring a full and complete understanding of a proposal.
In accordance with Suffolk County Procurement Policy, contracts awarded under the Solicitation of Quotes method cannot exceed $25,000.00.
An award will be made based on “best value” to the County. The “best value” basis optimizes quality, cost and efficiency among responsive and responsible proposers.
Questions concerning this request should be submitted in writing via fax or e-mail as noted above.