SOLICITATION OF QUOTES
For the Procurement of Lease Accounting and Reporting Software in Compliance with Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) 87
For the Suffolk County Department of Audit & Control
The Suffolk County Department of Audit & Control (Department) is seeking proposals from qualified IT software firms (Proposer) to provide a software package for the accounting and reporting of leases as both the lessee and lessor. The software must be in compliance with GASB 87.
Proposer’s software should include the following:
- GASB 87 – Government-wide Accounting and Fund-based Accounting and Reporting, for both the lessee and lessor
- Calculates the right of use (ROU) asset and lease liability
- Segregation of Duties with Multiple Users: (1) Entering, (2) Approving, (3) Read Only and (4) Administration
- Audit trail of individuals making changes
- Amortization table generation
- Journal Entries for entire life cycles of leases: commencement, interim, modification, impairment, extension and termination
- Export and Import Lease Data
- Alert Notifications for Lease Deadlines and Renewals
- GASB 87 Lease Disclosures for Financial Statement Footnotes
- Ability to Upload Signed Copy of the Lease
Proposals must include the following information:
- Firm name and address
- Year firm was founded, history of the firm and length of time in operation
- Describe the nature of the organization (e.g. business corporation, not-for-profit corporation, proprietorship, etc.)
- Location from which services will be performed
- Contact person and title for contact purposes
- Description of firm’s technical experience including other accounts (clients) involving the provision of similar services
- Provide three (3) client references for which similar services have been provided (governmental agencies preferred)
- Disclose the existence of any conflicts of interests, whether existing or potential, in material financial relationships and/or any family relationships between the Proposer (and their employees) and any County employee, or any other matter that may create a conflict of interest or the appearance thereof; if none exist, state so
- Provide proof of professional liability insurance coverage and coverage amounts and/or limitations and exclusions
- Completed and notarized Suffolk County Form 22 (Contractor’s/Vendor’s Public Disclosure Statement – attached)
- Completed and signed Suffolk County Union Organizing Certification/Declaration – (attached)
- Completed and notarized Suffolk County Department of Labor, Licensing & Consumer Affairs Form DOL-LHE1/2 – (attached)
- Completed and signed Suffolk County Department of Labor, Licensing & Consumer Affairs Form DOL-LW1/38 – (attached)
- Provide an all-inclusive Software Fee with Breakout of License Fee and Professional Service Fee
- The County has approximately one hundred leases.
Proposals must be received by 5:00 p.m. February 28th, 2020, via one of the following methods, marked ATTN: Brenda Sloan
Fax to: (631) 853-5034
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Suffolk County Comptroller’s Office – 8th Floor
H. Lee Dennison Executive Office Building
100 Veterans Memorial Highway
Hauppauge, New York 11788-0099
The County expressly reserves the right to:
- Reject or cancel any or all proposals or any part thereof submitted in response to this Solicitation;
- Withdraw the solicitation at any time, at the County’s sole discretion;
- Conduct contract negotiations with the next responsible Proposer should the County be unsuccessful in negotiations with the selected Proposer;
- Require clarification at any time during the process and/or require correction of arithmetic or other apparent errors for the purpose of assuring a full and complete understanding of a proposal.
In accordance with Suffolk County Procurement Policy, contracts awarded under the Solicitation of Quotes method cannot exceed $25,000.00.
An award will be made based on “best value” to the County. The “best value” basis optimizes quality, cost and efficiency among responsive and responsible proposers. Questions concerning this request should be submitted in writing via fax or e-mail as noted above.
Questions should be submitted in writing by fax or e-mail as noted above.