Please note that the names of the parties to a civil action and any documents filed in connection therewith will be available to the public unless otherwise directed by a court order.
A Plaintiff seeking to have any action proceed under an anonymous caption and/or seal at commencement shall use the following procedure:
- E-file the following bearing the full (unredacted) caption: a Summons with Notice, an RJI, and a proposed OTSC or Ex Parte Order with a TRO (seeking authorization to proceed under an anonymous caption and/or seal);
- No supporting papers to the OTSC or Ex Parte Order will be filed on the NYSCEF site with the commencing documents;
- The Plaintiff shall e-mail a full working copy of the moving papers, including supporting papers, to the Supreme Court Clerk at Suffolksupremecourt@nycourts.gov; and
- Within three (3) business days of the granting or denial of the TRO, the Plaintiff shall E-file the supporting papers and any other documents that would ordinarily have been filed at commencement, such as the Complaint on the NYSCEF site;
- Opposition and Reply papers shall be filed in the ordinary course as required by the assigned judge and the Protocol for Electronic Filing in Suffolk County Supreme Court.