Looking for Temporary Employment with the Parks Department?
Contact the Personnel Department for an application and information at email@example.com
Looking for Summer Employment with the Parks Department? Do you LOVE our Suffolk County Parks & Beaches? Suffolk County Department of Parks, Recreation and Conservation are pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for a variety of seasonal employment positions at beaches, parks, golf courses, and campgrounds for the upcoming season.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIANS (EMT):
The Parks Department hires New York certified EMT’s to provide daily medical coverage at various park locations.
How to Apply:
Interested persons should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application.
Lifeguard for the 2022 Season
Suffolk county parks is recruiting ocean and stillwater lifeguards. Being a lifeguard is a rewarding and challenging job that teaches decision making, leadership, and public service skills that can last a lifetime. Suffolk County is hiring lifeguards for 3 of its beaches this summer- Smith Point, Cupsogue and Meschutt.
In order to qualify to be a lifeguard you must:
- Complete a minimum of four (4) training sessions
- Be at least 16 years of age as of this summer
- Be prepared to run 3 miles, swim 2x50yrds and 2x300yrds for time
- Bring your ID
Training takes place on Sundays from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the Suffolk County Community College Riverhead Campus Pool. The training dates are:
- March 20, 2022
- March 27, 2022
- April 3, 2022
- April 10, 2022
- May 1, 2022
- May 8, 2022
- May 15, 2022
- May 22, 2022
Suffolk County is proud to be the home of the 9 time National Champion Smith Point Lifeguards, and you could join their ranks this season! Contact Chief Bob Kolar at email@example.com with any questions about the application or training process.
The Parks Department is seeking Park Attendants to perform a variety of tasks including maintenance, office work, as well as registrations and fee collections at the entrance booths. Park Attendants must be at least 16 years of age, and willing to work weekends and holidays, early and evening shifts. The main qualification for all positions is the ability to work well with the public.
If interested please contact the Personnel Department for information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PARK SECURITY AIDE
The Parks Department is seeking to hire Park Security Aides for the summer season which runs from 2 weeks before Memorial Day through Columbus Day weekend. Park Security Aides will assist Park Rangers in guarding and patrolling park areas to maintain order and preserve County property. Must have NYS Security Guard license to qualify. Security Guard Licensing Class will be provided. Varied shifts and locations.
Call Dodd Amrhein, Security Director, for more information – 631-854-1438
ENDANGERED SPECIES PROGRAM VACANCIES
Suffolk County Department of Parks is currently accepting resumes for seasonal openings in its Endangered Species Protection Program for the UPCOMING season. The positions involve helping to manage nesting shorebirds (piping plovers and least terns) at seventeen sites throughout Suffolk County. Candidates will gain an intimate knowledge of bird behavior and of the unique management issues their presence creates.
Qualifying Candidates must:
- Have an interest and/or coursework in ornithology, ecology, and natural resources
- Be able to meet the physical demands of the job such as walking miles on the beach, carrying heavy fencing materials, digging trenches, and installing fencing and barricades in summer weather conditions.
- Be meticulous and concise in recording data
- Have an ability to interact professionally with the general public and co-workers
- Demonstrate an ability to work effectively with others and independently under stressful conditions
- Work weekends & holidays, and flexible hours (average 35 hours/week)
- Have a valid driver’s license (often required to drive 2-3 hours a day to visit sites) (Use of your personal vehicle may be required in limited circumstances)
There is no application, send letter of interest and resume to: Diana.Lynch@suffolkcountyny.gov
For more information on available positions please contact the Personnel Department for information at email@example.com
Click Here to Download the Application for Employment Form
Instructions for Submitting the Employment for Application:
- Click on the button above to open the Employment Application
- Save Document to your computer or device
- Click Submit Via Email button on the last page of the form.
- This will attach the form to your default email account on your computer or device.
- Be sure to add any important information in your email.