Services For The Disabled:
All Suffolk County residents who have a valid Green Key card with handicapped status are entitled to a free weekday admission to most county parks and reduced fees for some activities. To obtain this Green Key card, you must go to any of the county golf courses, campgrounds, major parks or the Parks Administration Office in West Sayville. You will need to show proof of Suffolk County residency as well as a NY State Access Pass or the Suffolk County Identification Card issued by the Suffolk County Office of Handicapped Services. The fee for this Green Key card is $15.00 and is valid for three years.
The Suffolk County Parks Department is committed to improving the accessibility at all county parks. Below is a list of accessible parks.
Not all FACILITIES listed at each park are accessible. Please check with park personnel.
1. West Hills County Park - Huntington (631) 854-4423
Facilities include: Youth and group camping areas, picnicking (temporarily closed), nature trails and restrooms.
2. Gardiner County Park - Bay Shore (631) 854-4949 or (631) 854-0935 (seasonal)
Facilities include: Nature trails and restrooms.
3. Blydenburgh County Park - Smithtown (631) 854-3713
Facilities include: camping, youth and group areas, fishing, picnicking, boating, nature trails and restrooms.
4. Lakeland County Park - Islandia (631) 853-2727 (Seasonal) or (631) 854-4949
Facilities include: playground, a picnic area with gazebo, restrooms, basketball and shuffleboard courts, and nature trails (of which 3500 feet are boardwalks or a surfaced area).
5. Lake Ronkonkoma County Park - Lake Ronkonkoma (631) 854-9699
Facilities include: picnicking, handball, basketball, ball fields, restrooms.
6. Southaven County Park - Brookhaven (631) 854-1414
Facilities include: camping, youth and group areas, canoeing, fishing, duck hunting, horseback riding (own horse), picnicking, boating, Trap & Skeet, nature trails, restrooms.
7. Smith Point County Park - Shirley (631) 852-1313
Facilities include: camping, fishing, picnicking, outer beach area, restrooms, swimming, (SURF CHAIR AVAILABLE), and duck hunting.
8. Indian Island County Park - Riverhead (631) 852-3232
Facilities include: camping, youth and group areas, fishing, picnicking, restrooms.
9. Sears Bellows County Park - Hampton Bays (631) 852-8290
Facilities include: camping, fishing, picnicking, horseback riding (own horse), boating, swimming, nature trails, restrooms.
10. Cedar Point County Park - East Hampton (631) 852-7620
Facilities include: camping, boating, youth and group areas, fishing, restrooms, outer beach area.
11. Meschutt Beach County Park - Hampton Bays (631) 852-8205
Facilities include: Lifeguard supervised swimming, (SURF CHAIR AVAILABLE), playground, picnicking, camping, restrooms, food concession.
12. Pine Barrens Trails Information Center - Manorville (631) 369-9768. Facilities include: El's Trail, a 3/4 mile handicapped accessible nature trail (TRAILCHAIR AVAILABLE.)
West Sayville, Mountauk Highway, West Sayville
Timber Point, Great River Road, Great River
Indian Island, County Road 105, Riverhead
Bergen Point, Bergen Avenue, West Babylon
Suffolk County Parks is happy to provide communication boards at many of our community parks. This is an ongoing project and will expand through the 2022 year.
For more information on our Communication Boards please see our dedicated page:
For further information call:
Parks General Information: (631) 854-4949
Suffolk County Office of Handicapped Services
(631) 853-8333 (VOICE)
(631) 853-5658 (TTY)