Montauk County Park
Phone: (631) 852-7879
Directions: The park is located on the north side of Montauk Highway, east of Montauk Village.
Third House at Montauk County Park was built in 1806 as a cattle keeper's residence. It also served as the headquarters for Camp Wikoff where Theodore Roosevelt and his Rough Riders were quarantined in 1898 after the Spanish-American War. A Spanish-American War Exhibit displaying photos and memorabilia from the war and Camp Wikoff is open to the public. Call (631) 852-7878 for more information.