Suffolk County reported the following information related to COVID-19 through 2:30 p.m. on April 8, 2020
- 36,364 COVID-19 tests have been administered
- 43.6 percent of those tested were confirmed positive for COVID-19
- 17,008 confirmed cases, at this time
- Town breakdown can be found here.
- 1,585 patients are hospitalized (up 68 from April 7), 517 of those are in the intensive care unit, an increase of 11 patients from April 7
- 323 individuals have died, up 60 from 263 on April 7
- There are presently 3,322 hospital beds and 746 ICU beds in Suffolk County.
- In the last 24 hours, 130 COVID-19 patients have been discharged from the hospital