Suffolk County reported the following information related to COVID-19 through 2:30 p.m. on May 1, 2020
- 93,568 COVID-19 tests have been administered, an addition of 2,207 tests since April 30
- 36.4 percent of those tested were confirmed positive for COVID-19
- 35,280 confirmed cases, up 478 from April 30
- Breakdown by town of COVID-19 cases can be found on the Suffolk County COVID-19 Map.*
- 903 patients are hospitalized, a decrease of 67 from April 30
- 324 of hospitalized patients are in the intensive care unit (ICU), a decrease of 20 patients from April 30
- 1,203 individuals have died
- 26 deaths have been reported since April 30
- 3,337 hospital beds; 675 ICU beds
- 98 additional patients were discharged from the hospital in the past 24 hours.
*The number of cases on the Suffolk COVID-19 map designated as “Township Not Known” represents Suffolk County residents whose addresses were not immediately available.