The next meeting of the Peconic Estuary Citizens Advisory Committee is scheduled for:
Monday September 23, 2019
Suffolk County Community College Culinary Arts and Hospitality Center
20 East Main St.
Riverhead, NY 11901
The Peconic Estuary Program’s Citizen Advisory Committee will be holding our meeting at Suffolk County Community College Culinary Arts and Hospitality Center.
Topics will include:
- Wildlife Monitoring & Citizen Science in the Peconic Estuary”; through wildlife monitoring we can determine action for conservation and learn more about the health of our bays.
- What wildlife monitoring is currently being done?
- How can you be involved?
- Are there other species we should consider?
The meeting will feature Guest Speakers:
- Mike Bottini, Long Island Nature Organization- River Otters
- Seatuck Environmental Association-Diamondback Terrapins.
The Peconic Estuary is part of the National Estuary Program (NEP), which aims to protect and preserve nationally significant estuaries that are threatened by pollution, development, or overuse. The Peconic Estuary was named an “estuary of national significance” in 1992.
Call Sarah Schaefer at 631-852-5806, for more information about this meeting.
If you plan to attend this meeting, please call 631-854-0095.