Falconry in Suffolk County Parks
The Suffolk County Department of Parks, Recreation and Conservation offers opportunities for
falconry November 1
st 2023 – February 29th, 2024, and is for Suffolk County RESIDENTS ONLY.
PARKS AVAILABLE for Falconry:
Pine Meadow County Park, Eastport
Laurel Lake Grassland County Park, Southold
Manorville Prairie County Park, Manorville
Falconry Hunting Requirements:
ALL falconers must possess and carry on their person while in the park the following:
- Valid Suffolk County Green Key Card
- Valid 2023-2024 Suffolk County Parks Falconry permit
- Valid NY State Falconry license
- Valid NY State Small Game license
- If waterfowl hunting - Valid Federal Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation
Stamp (“duck stamp”)
Suffolk Parks Falconry Season:
Small Game Hunting Season:
November 1, 2023 through February 29, 2024
Regular Waterfowl Hunting Season:
Falconry Extended Waterfowl Hunting Season (ducks, coots & mergansers only):
November 18 through November 26, 2023 and December
9, 2023 through January 28, 2024
November 1, 2023 through February 13, 2024
County Parks Fees:
||Resident Suffolk County Green Key Card
|$30.00 (valid for 3 Years from date of purchase)
||Resident Senior/Junior/Handicapped/Veteran/Volunteer Fire/Aux. Pol./CERT
||$15.00 (valid for 3 Years from date of purchase)
||Suffolk County Parks Falconry Permit
||$38.00 (valid for 11/01/2023 - 02/29/2024 ONLY)
Location To Purchase Permit and Obtain Additional Information:
Suffolk County Parks Admin. Office, West Sayville Golf Course, Montauk Hwy, West Sayville
Phone: 631-854-4949 (9AM – 4PM Monday – Friday)
Rules and Regulations for Falconry Hunting in Suffolk County Parks:
All New York State Department of Environmental Conservation regulations governing falconry hunting apply. Suffolk County Parks falconry hunters must also comply with the following:
- All falconers must park in designated parking area only (check with park personnel for
- Parking permits must be displayed and fully visible on vehicle dashboard.
- Falconers must carry on their person and show to proper park authorities if requested, all necessary permits and licenses described under “Falconry Hunting Requirements”.
- Permits to use this area for falconry in no way gives exclusive use to permit holders. Please
be aware hikers or other patrons may be in the area.
- All New York State small game and Federal waterfowl season hunting hours and regulations
- No overnight parking permitted.
- The Suffolk County Department of Parks, Recreation, and Conservation reserves the right to change areas, add or subtract areas, and close or modify areas and rules and regulations as needed for the best management of its lands and natural resources.
2023 - 2024 Falconry Information