This small general aviation airport in Coram was established in 1959, by Lester Davis originally known as the Davis-Coram Airpark. Davis founded the tiny airport by plowing a path down the center of his family’s cornfield and created a runway. He grew sweet corn around the taxiing planes. The tall trees at all runway ends reportedly made for interesting approaches. The earliest depiction which has been located of Coram Airport was a 1962 aerial photo, which showed 6 single-engine aircraft parked northwest & southwest of the end of Coram's unpaved east/west runway. The Coram Airport was closed in 1984 but has been occasionally used for emergency landings.