The Asian-American Advisory Board is hereby created to discuss issues of importance and relevance to the Asian -American community and to make recommendations regarding proposed legislation to the Suffolk County Legislature in connection with the following:
- Bring to the attention of the County Executive those issues that impact upon the Asian-American Community in Suffolk County.
- Seek community imput on relevant issues that impact their communities.
- To advocate on behalf of the emerging Asian-American Community in Suffolk County.
- To encourage civic participation at all levels by members of the Asian-American community.
- To promote Asian-American business development and to provide information necessary for Asian-American businesses to enable them to have equal access and opportunity to contracting and procurement in Suffolk County.
- To improve communications and cultural understanding between the Asian-American community, Suffolk County Government, and Suffolk County residents.
- Address pertinent issues, some of which include:
- Small Business development/economic development
All through educational programs, conferences, committees, projects, and programs without participating in or endorsing political organzations or candidates for public office.
For more information please go to: www.scaaab.org