The County Executive has asked all residents to prepare appropriately for the forecasted weather.
· Suffolk County has been coordinating with Federal, State and local emergency responders
· Suffolk County Emergency Operations Center will be open 24/7 until further notice
· Mandatory evacuation of Fire Island at 2:00pm. LIPA will de-energize Fire Island after 2:00pm
· Three Suffolk County shelters were opened as of 8:00am today:
· Hampton Bays High School – 88 Argonne Avenue Hampton Bays, NY 11946
· Sachem East High School - 177 Granny Road Farmingville, NY 11738
· Brentwood High School Sonderling Bldg. – 52 Third Avenue Brentwood, NY 11717
· Additional shelter to open at 8:00am:
o Eastport South Junior/Senior High School- 543 Moriches-Middle Island Road Manorville, NY 11949
· Will open additional shelters as needed in coordination with the American Red Cross
· Two pet friendly shelters opened as of 8:00am
o Brentwood Rec Center – 99 Third Avenue, Brentwood, NY 11717
o Suffolk County Community College Eastern Campus – Woodlands Bldg. - 121 Speonk Rd., Riverhead, NY
· The MTA has announced the suspension of LIRR service as of 7:00pm tonight
· Suffolk County Transit will shut down as of 6:00pm tonight
· All Suffolk County parks will be closed as of 6:00pm tonight
· County Health Centers and Mental Health Clinics will be closed until further notice.
· For those Suffolk County residents who do not have transportation, Suffolk County Bus will provide evacuation transportation to shelters through 8:00pm tonight. Residents should go a regular bus stop to access evacuation transportation
Local municipal officials have called for mandatory and voluntary evacuations: Surge zones can be found at www.suffolkcountyny.gov
· Mandatory Evacuation for surge zone 1 area in the following towns:
o Babylon, Islip, Brookhaven, Riverhead, Southampton, Southold
· Voluntary Evacuation for surge zone 1 area in the following towns:
o Huntington, East Hampton, Shelter Island, Smithtown, Brookhaven (surge zone 2)
Suffolk County residents in surge zone areas, mandatory and voluntary, will receive Code Red notification from the Suffolk County Office of Emergency Management
McArthur Airport last flight leaving 5:45pm today.
Additionally, Suffolk County Courts will be closed tomorrow.
Suffolk County residents who are disabled and need evacuation assistance should call 631-852-4900.
Please use 911 only for life-threatening emergencies, not for information. Residents with non-emergency situations can use the SCPD non-emergency number 631 852-COPS (631-852-2677) or the Suffolk County Fire Rescue and Emergency Services line at 631-852-4900.