Suffolk County reported the following information related to COVID-19 on February 16, 2022. Last updated February 15, 2022
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- 1,205,326 people have received at least one vaccine dose, an increase of 235
- 1,087,685 people are fully vaccinated, an increase of 929
- 74.1% percent of the total population is fully vaccinated.
- 78.3% of the population ages 5 and older is fully vaccinated.
- 95.0% of the population ages 18 and older has received at least one dose.
- 85.4% of the population ages 18 and older is fully vaccinated.
- 43.7% of fully vaccinated population have had a booster dose.
- Demographics can be found on the NYSDOH vaccine tracker.
- Vaccination rates by zip code.
- Walk-in vaccination clinics are offering COVID vaccines to Suffolk County residents who are eligible. Appointments are recommended. Medical practitioners and EMS are on-site at all times to answer questions and tend to concerns. Click here for locations and times and parental consent forms. Answers to your vaccine questions can be found on this page, as well.
- If you are confined to your home and wish to receive your COVID-19 vaccination, call 311. We will take your name and you will be called to schedule your free vaccination at home.
COVID-19 Case Tracker- February 15, 2022
- 8,107 COVID-19 tests were administered.
- 7,011,896 total tests have been administered since March 2020.
- 171 new cases were reported.
- 11.5 cases per 100k; 15.5 on a 7-day average.
- 420,923 total cases have been reported since March 2020.
- 2.1% tested positive in Suffolk County; 3.0% positive on a 7-day average.
- 2.3% tested positive on Long Island; 3.1% positive on a 7-day average.
- COVID-19 LOCAL CASE TRACKER https://gisapps.suffolkcountyny.gov/covid19dashboards/
Fatalities, Suffolk County, February 15, 2022
Hospitalization, Suffolk County, February 15, 2022
- 236 individuals were hospitalized, an decrease of 15 in 24 hours.
- 26 were new admissions.
- 40 patients were in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), a increase of 4 in 24 hours.
- 25 patients were in the ICU and intubated.
- 41 were discharged since the last report.
- 22,963 have been discharged since March 22, 2020.
Hospital Capacity, Suffolk County
- 2,835 staffed hospital beds, 833 available, 29%
- 372 ICU beds, 93 available, 25%
New York State Links
NYSDOH Pediatric Reports
CDC COVID Data Tracker
Rates of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 hospitalizations by vaccination status
Monoclonal Antibody Therapeutics Treatment Locations
COVID-19 Local Guidance
Frequently Asked Questions: Proof of Full Vaccination or Mask Requirement for Businesses and Venues
Report unsafe business practices, here.