Guidelines for holding outdoor events on county property.
- The Suffolk County Fire Marshal’s Office shall be included in event planning sessions.
- All tents having an area in excess of 200 square feet and all canopies inexcess of 400 square feet require a Tent Permit Application to be filed with theSuffolk County Fire Marshal’s Office.
- A site plan shall be submitted.
- Open flame or other devices emitting flame, fire or heat or any flammable or combustible liquids, gas, charcoal or other cooking device or any other unapproved devices shall not be permitted inside or located within 20 feet of a tent, canopy or structure.
- Portable fire extinguishers shall be provided.
- LP gas containers (500 gallons or less) shall have a minimum separation from tents, canopies or structures of not less than 10 feet. The tanks shall be securely fastened in place.
a. Shall be separated from tents, canopies or structures by a minimum of 20 feet.
b. Shall be isolated from contact with the public by fencing, enclosure or other approved means.
c. Shall be properly grounded.
- Stages and platforms being constructed on site shall be subject to DPW permit and inspection.
To learn about how to hold Outdoor Events on County Property click on the links below: