Suffolk County has received a Major Disaster Declaration due to the damages incurred from the remnants of Hurricane Ida. If your home or business has sustained damage from this storm, you may be eligible for assistance.
A FEMA Disaster Recovery Center staffed with representatives from FEMA, New York State, Suffolk County and town agencies who are there to assist you in recovering from the storm has been established at the
Rose Caracappa Senior Center
739 Route 25A
Mount Sinai, NY.
The center is open daily from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m.
FEMA INDIVIDUAL ASSISTANCE
Individuals, both homeowners and renters, may apply for financial assistance from FEMA. FEMA Individual Assistance representatives are available at the Disaster Recovery Center to guide applicants through the application process. Or they may apply online through the FEMA Hurricane Ida Assistance website, or by calling 800-621-3362 daily between 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. Eastern.
Constituents should have the following information available when they register:
- Name and SSN of the primary applicant.
- Name and SSN of secondary/co-applicant (encouraged but not required).
- Current and pre-disaster address.
- Names of all occupants of the pre-disaster household.
- Current contact information.
- Types of insurance held by the household.
- Household pre-disaster annual gross income.
- Losses caused by the disaster.
- Banking information for direct deposit of financial assistance, if requested
SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Businesses of all sizes, private nonprofit organizations, homeowners, and renters affected by Hurricane Ida may seek low-interest disaster loans be seeing a representative at the Disaster Recovery Center or online at: SBA Disaster Assistance. Additional information may be obtained by calling 1-800-659-2955.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES AVAILABLE AT THE DISASTER RECOVERY CENTER
- NYS Department of Financial Services
- NYS Department of Labor
- NYS Department of Motor Vehicles
- NYS Office of Mental Health
- Suffolk County Clerk's Office
- Suffolk County Office of Emergency Management
- Suffolk County Department of Social Services
- Suffolk County Department of Labor