Click here to sign up with Smart911 now.
Don’t Get Left Behind
During a disaster, at-risk individuals with access and functional needs require additional help before, during, and after an incident. With Smart911, at-risk individuals can sign up and share their medical and access and functional needs requirements with their community’s emergency managers. This online portal of at-risk residents helps emergency managers better plan and identify residents in need of assistance during a disaster.
Residents provide any information they wish to share during emergency planning, response, and recovery efforts. Participation in the access and functional needs registry is strictly voluntary and participants are encouraged to provide the following:
- Full name, address, and contact information
- Caregiver contact information
- Medical conditions and medications
- Nature of disability
- Pets, service animals, livestock
- Home power and utility information
- Access to vehicle and ability (or inability) to evacuate
Thousands of communities across the country rely on Smart911 to better protect at-risk residents when large-scale emergencies and disasters strike. Don’t get left behind and sign up for Smart911’s access and functional needs registry.
Smart911 Saves Time and Saves Lives
With Smart911, you can provide 9-1-1 call takers and first responders critical information you want them to know in any kind of emergency.
When you call 9-1-1, your Smart911 Safety Profile displays on the 9-1-1 screen and the 9-1-1 call takers can view your addresses, medical information, home information, description of pets and vehicles, and emergency contacts. You can provide as much or as little information as you like.
Smart911 is a national service meaning your Smart911 Safety Profile travels with you and is visible to any participating 9-1-1 center nationwide.
Safety Profiles can include:
- People living in your household
- Pets, service animals, and livestock
- Medications and medical equipment
- Vehicle descriptions
- Phone numbers associated with your family
- Medical conditions and allergies
- Property details, layout, and utility information
- Emergency contacts