SOLICITATION OF QUOTES
Compliance with respect to Guidelines and Uniform Fee Schedules Established by
The Administrative Board for the Offices of the Public Administrators
The Suffolk County Department of Audit & Control (“Department”) is seeking proposals from qualified accounting firms (Proposers) to conduct an audit and provide a report with regard to the records of the Office of the Suffolk County Public Administrator (“Office”), in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards. The objective of the audit is to determine the extent of the Office’s compliance with respect to guidelines and uniform fee schedules established by the Administrative Board for the Offices of the Public Administrators. Audit services shall be for the calendar years 2021 and 2022.
Attached for your convenience are the Surrogate’s Court Procedure Article 12 (Appendix A) and the Guidelines for the Operations of the Offices of the Public Administrators of New York State (Appendix B) which outline the scope of services to be provided.
The anticipated term of the contract will be January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2023. The Proposal submitted in response to this Solicitation, as may be negotiated by the Department, will become the basis for the contract.
In accordance with Suffolk County policies and procedures, contracts for consultant services between $1,000.01 and $25,000.00 are not subject to competitive bidding requirements; however, such procurement must be conducted pursuant to a solicitation of quotes process.
All work performed under the contract will be paid in accordance with the “Comptroller’s Rules and Regulations for Consultant’s Service Agreements,” (available on the Suffolk County Comptroller’s website: www.suffolkcountyny.gov/comptroller). Include with your response a Cost Proposal/Fee Schedule consisting of a Project Fee for the Audit, which includes all professional services and out-of-pocket expenses for the project.
Proposers must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Certify that they are a licensed CPA firm registered in the State of New York and in good standing;
- Certify that they possess at least ten (10) years of audit experience;
- Certify that they meet the independence requirements of the Standards for Audit of Governmental Organizations, Programs, Activities, and Functions and are compliant with Government Auditing Standards (the Yellow Book)
- Certify that they have no record of poor quality audit work.
Proposals must include the following:
- Firm name and address (all locations);
- Year firm was founded, history of the firm, and the length of time in operation;
- Describe the nature of organization (e.g. business corporation, not-for-profit corporation, proprietorship, etc.);
- Location from which services will be performed;
- Contact person and title for contract purposes;
- Name and title of individual(s) who will be performing work under this contract. For each professional listed, provide information regarding education, experience and expertise; provide resumes and copies of professional licenses and proof of other affiliations, if applicable;
- Description of firm’s technical experience including other accounts (clients) involving the provision of similar services;
- Description of firm’s experience in conducting audits (including number of years of experience);
- Description of firm’s experience in conducting audits in accordance with Government Auditing Standards (including number of years of experience);
- Provide three (3) client references for which similar services have been provided (governmental agencies preferred);
- Provide information on the circumstances and status of any past or present civil or criminal investigations or litigation against the Proposer;
- Disclose the existence of any conflicts of interests, whether existing or potential, in material financial relationships and/or any family relationships between the Proposer (and their employees) and any County employee, or any other matter that may create a conflict of interest or the appearance thereof; if none exist, state so;
- Identify the nature of any potential conflict of interest the firm may have in providing audit services to the Department;
- Provide proof of professional liability insurance coverage and coverage amounts and/or limitations and exclusions;
- Completed and notarized Suffolk County Form 22 (Contractor’s/Vendor’s Public Disclosure Statement - attached);
- Provide an all-inclusive Project Fee for the audit services provided for each audit period. All professional services and out-of-pocket expenses shall be included in the Project Fee.
Proposals must be received by 3:30 p.m., August 6, 2021, via email:
E-mail to: Audits@suffolkcountyny.gov
The County expressly reserves the right to:
- Reject or cancel any or all proposals or any part thereof submitted in response to this Solicitation;
- Withdraw the solicitation at any time, at the County’s sole discretion;
- Conduct contract negotiations with the next responsible Proposer should the County be unsuccessful in negotiations with the selected Proposer;
- Require clarification at any time during the process and/or require correction of arithmetic or other apparent errors for the purpose of assuring a full and complete understanding of a proposal.
An award will be made based on the best value to the County - best value basis optimizes quality, cost and efficiency among responsive and responsible proposers.
Questions concerning this request should be submitted in writing via e-mail as noted above.
SCEX 22 Public Disclosure Statement