Skip to search box Skip to main content

COVID-19 Recovery Resources: Click Here

Please Call 311 for more information

Text Only Version

Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Information

If you are disabled and require special accommodation, please notify your local DSS Center Manager or call the Commissioner’s Response Unit (CRU) at 631-854-9935.

To request an ADA accommodation from any DSS staff member, the DSS staff member must notify their immediate unit supervisor who will inform the Center Manager or designee. The Center Managers must make reasonable efforts to recognize potential disabilities, based on the applicant/recipient’s disclosure or on an indication of an apparent disability, and approve or deny the ADA accommodation request.

If you requested an accommodation and did not receive it, you may file an ADA grievance (appeal) by calling or writing to:

ADA Compliance Officer
Suffolk County DSS - Commissioner’s Office
3085 Veterans Memorial Highway
Ronkonkoma, N.Y. 11779

Tel: 631-854-9941
Fax: 631-854-9996

For other questions about special accommodations for people with disabilities, please call the Suffolk County Office for People with Disabilities at 631-853-8333.

Suffolk County Government

H. Lee Dennison Bldg

100 Veterans Memorial Hwy
P.O. Box 6100
Hauppauge, NY 11788

Riverhead County Center

County Road 51
Riverhead, NY 11901