The Suffolk County Parks welcomes visitors to our parks. To help ensure a positive experience for all park users, please adhere to all Suffolk County Parks rules and regulations:
General Park Rules
- All park visitors shall comply with a lawful instruction of a department employee and park ranger(s).
- All park visitors shall comply with the instructions contained on park signage and park policy.
- No person shall attempt to prevent employees from performing their duties by means of intimidation, physical force, or interference.
- Rule enforcement and individual park policies is at the Park Supervisor and/or Park Ranger discretion as necessary to ensure public safety and essential park operations.
Pets are welcome in Suffolk County Parks. To ensure safety for all park goers below are the general park rules.
- Pets must have proof of vaccination available upon request.
- Two pets per site are permitted on campsites.
- Pets may not be left unattended, and are not permitted in buildings, picnic or swimming areas, or where posted.
- Owners must always pick up after their pets.
- Pet must be kept on a leash at all times and under owners control. The leash can be no longer than 6 ft.
- Pets that show aggression to people or animals may be asked to leave the park.
Suffolk County Parks Department is please to offer 5 Dog Parks (please see the Dog Park page for Dog Park rules).
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).