Skip to search box Skip to main content

Click the links below for information from Suffolk County on the current pandemic

Text Only Version

Sources for Permit Information

Picture of fishing boats on a lakeSuffolk County’s authority is limited to the conveyance of underwater land for shellfish cultivation, and does not extend to the regulation of marine acquaculture. Lease Applicants must still obtain all necessary regulatory permits from relevant government agencies for the conduct of off-bottom or on-bottom shellfish culture activities on Suffolk County lease parcels. Below is the contact information for some of the federal and state agencies Lessees will need to contact. Please note additional permits may be required from the town in which your lease site is located.

New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
Bureau of Marine Resources
Division of Fish, Wildlife and Marine Resources
205 North Belle Mead Road, Suite 1
East Setauket, NY 11733
Phone: (631) 444-0430
Fax: (631) 444-0481

Part 48: Marine Hatcheries
On-Bottom and Off-Bottom
Culture of Marine Plant and Animal Life

New York State Department of State
Division of Coastal Resources
One Commerce Plaza
99 Washington Avenue, Suite 1010
Albany, NY 12231
Phone: (518) 474-6000
Fax: (518) 473-2464

NYS Department of State 

United States Army Corps of Engineers, New York District
New York District
26 Federal Plaza
New York, NY 10278
Phone: (917) 790-8511
Fax: (212) 264-4260

US Army Corps of Engineers

United States Coast Guard
First Coast Guard District
Waterways Management
Private Aids to Navigation Division (PATON)
408 Atlantic Avenue
Boston, MA 02110
Phone: (617) 223-8347
Fax: (617) 223-8073

Suffolk County Government

H. Lee Dennison Bldg

100 Veterans Memorial Hwy
P.O. Box 6100
Hauppauge, NY 11788

Riverhead County Center

County Road 51
Riverhead, NY 11901