Welcome to the Suffolk County Division of Planning & Environment's Aquaculture Lease Program Website. We hope this site will help the general public, lease applicants and future lease holders in navigating the Suffolk County Shellfish Aquaculture Lease Program in Peconic Bay and Gardiners Bay.
Hearing notice for IR 1981-2020; Adopting Local Law No. -2020, A Local Law to amend, update and reorganize Chapter 475 Article II of the Suffolk County Code.
The Public Hearing will be held on December 15, 2020 during the General Meeting of the Suffolk County Legislature. All hearings will commence at 2:00 pm. Below are instructions on how the public can submit comments.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and by Executive Order of the Governor, the legislature building will remain closed to the public. Members of the public may offer comment by:
- Testifying on any topic at the 9:30 a.m. Public Portion via Zoom: Sign up at
- Testifying at a 2 p.m. Public Hearing via Zoom: Sign up at
- Recording Testimony Over the Phone: Call (631) 853-3685 to leave a three-minute message about any topic of concern or specific resolutions.
- Sending Testimony By Email: Clerk.Legislature@suffolkcountyny.gov.
- Sending Testimony by Regular Mail: to the attention of the Clerk’s Office at the Suffolk County Legislature, P.O. Box 6100, Hauppauge, NY 11788.