Within the Division of Planning and Environment, the Regulatory Review unit is responsible for the following:
- Review of all Suffolk County actions for compliance with the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) and local environmental laws for the Suffolk County Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ);
- Administer the municipal referral process for the Suffolk County Planning Commission;
- Act as a liaison between Suffolk County and the American Planning Association, in administering the Suffolk County Planning Federation;
- Accounting of the County's open space transfer of development rights program;
- Provide professional services to the municipalities in the County, including advice and technical assistance to municipalities on planning matters such as subdivision design, traffic circulation, parking layouts, land use analysis, innovative planning techniques, zoning and land use control methods, and draft ordinances.